I'm pleased to announce the group of journalists, editors, communications specialists, and UAS developers at DroneJournalism.org has several new members, including experts in aviation and an award-winning international correspondent.
New members to DroneJournalism.org include:
- Jeff Salmon is the editor of Pangaea, a twice-monthly newsletter published by Professional Surveyor Magazine.
- Gary Mortimer is the editor and publisher of sUASNews.com, a news website specializing in developments in unmanned aircraft.
- Phil Gordon previously worked on conservation and forced evition issues in Cambodia, and currently is developing a multirotor for photojournalism in his home of Australia.
- Mark Corcoran is one of ABC's most experienced journalists, having been an international correspondent in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, and Egypt. He is currently a research student at the University of Technology in Sydney, examining the potential for unmanned aircraft in journalism.
- Senthil Kumar is a PhD who has a decade of experience designing unmanned aircraft systems.
More information on these individuals is available in the "Journalists and Developers" section of DroneJournalism.org. We continue to accept applications for people who have journalism, communications, or technical experience and are looking to integrate unmanned aircraft into reporting. Please remember to include a bio with information about your interest in unmanned systems in the online membership form.
At this point, membership is free. We're currently working on a regular newsletter to keep our members up-to-date on the latest developments in this rapidly evolving field.